Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!!!
Those are the thoughts I am having as I’m thinking about this recipe you guys! If you’ve ever tried strawberry pizza then you catch my drift. If you haven’t, stop what you’re doing, and make this!
This isn’t just any ‘ole strawberry pizza though, this is a ‘home made SUGAR COOKIE crust’, strawberry pizza. Its thick, moist, chewy and ALL things wonderful! Here’s the deal, if you’re gonna do it, do it right. Don’t use the refrigerated sugar cookie dough, take the half hour to make you own. I’ll admit, I’ve been short on time in the past, and resorted to the refrigerated cookie dough and it resulted in a thin, dry, crunchy crust and kinda just ruined the whole dessert. Trust me on this… You’ll thank me later!
- Sugar Cookie Crust:
- 1 C. room temperature butter
- 1 C. granulated white sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ½ t. almond extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 t. baking powder
- 3 C. all purpose flour
- Now for the toppings:
- 16. oz. fresh strawberries (totally your preference!)
- 1 small container of strawberry glaze
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ½ C. powdered sugar
- Start with your cookie crust.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In your mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth, 3 minutes or so.
- Beat in extracts and egg.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder with flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff. At this point transfer the dough onto a countertop surface. Wet your hands and knead the dough by hand for a moment.
- DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH. Spray your pizza pan (if you don't have a pizza pan, a cookie sheet will work just fine) with nonstick spray and gently press your dough onto pan, it'll be about a ¼-1/2 inch thick.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
- Strawberry Pizza:
- Mix your room temperature cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Spread evenly over completely cooled sugar cookie crust. Next, spread desired amount of strawberry glaze over the top. I like to use half the container, no more than that. Then top with sliced strawberries, chill in refrigerator until ready to serve!