I don’t know about you guys, but I love love love a warm piece of banana bread with my coffee on these nice cooler mornings. In fact who am I kidding, I love TWO pieces of banana bread with my coffee..ha!
The Perfect Banana Bread
However, it can be quite tricky trying to find a great recipe. The perfect banana bread to me is packed full of banana flavor, (you’d be surprised how many I’ve tried that don’t even taste like banana). It also needs to be moist & dense, but not soggy. It’s a tricky feat my friends. But don’t you worry, I’ve done all the footwork for you and I think that I’ve found the PERFECT banana bread. Go ahead, make it yourself.. I promise you’ll agree!
The key to the perfect banana bread is very very ripe, almost brown, bananas. If your bananas aren’t quite ready yet, place them in a 300 degree oven, on a cookie sheet for about 30 minutes or so. Let cool, then peel. The banana’s skin will be black but thats okay, the bananas will be perfectly “ripe” and ready for your bread!
- 2 C. all purpose flour
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1¼ C. sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ C. vegetable oil
- 2 T. milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3 ripe, mashed bananas
- Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine your egg, sugar & oil and stir until smooth.
- Mix your flour, baking soda & salt then add to your egg mixture. The mixture will be thick.
- Now add your vanilla, milk, and mashed bananas. Stir until well combined.
- Spray your loaf pan with non stick spray, and add your mixture.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
You can add ½ C. of the following if you'd like
Chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, chocolate chips or even peanut butter morsels! Change it up however you'd like:)