I LOVE to cook, I mean LOVE. But sometimes, on these busy summer nights, its just the last thing I wanna do. Which is why I am always on the hunt for time saving meals. One pan meals are all the rage lately. These one pan oven baked chicken fajitas, are a family favorite around here! Not to mention one of the only ways I can get my boys to eat peppers. Its colorful, quick, easy, and healthy! Whats not to love?
We like to use flour tortillas and add homemade guac & pico de galo to ours. When I’m trying to “be good”, I’ll omit the tortilla and eat all the other yumminess over some romaine lettuce for a delicious chicken fajita salad!
Let’s get started, shall we?! Preheat your oven to 425. Start by mixing together all of your dry seasonings in a jar. There ya go! Now you have your very own fajita seasoning. These can be used for shrimp or steak, also!
Next slice your peppers & onion into 1/4 inch strips.
Now do the same with your chicken. Place all ingredients in a bowl, add olive oil, garlic and seasonings, and toss to coat. Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray and add your chicken and veggies. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through, tossing once half way through. Place your flour tortillas in foil, and throw them in the oven to warm for the last 5-10 minutes of cooking time. When done cooking squeeze juice of half a lime over chicken & peppers and garnish with chopped cilantro & lime wedges. Enjoy!
- 3-4 large peppers of your choice, I recommend an orange, yellow, green & red
- 1 red or yellow onion
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 limes, one halved, the other cut into wedges
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Flour tortillas
- 1 T. olive oil
- For the seasoning:
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 T. oregano
- 1½ t. onion powder
- 1½ t. cayenne pepper
- 1 T. paprika
- 1½ t. black pepper
- 1 T. course salt
- Preheat oven to 425
- Mix all dry ingredients together and place in a jar, set aside.
- Slice peppers & onions and place in a bowl
- Slice chicken and add to same bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, minced garlic and 2-3 tablespoons of fajita seasoning and toss to coat
- Spray cooking sheet with non stick spray
- Add chicken & veggies to pan
- Cook for 20-25 mins or until cooked throughout
- Wrap flour tortillas in foil and throw in the oven to warm for the last 5-10 minutes
- Squeeze half a lime over chicken & veggies and garnish with cilantro & lime wedges