Happy Friday friends! What’s everyone up to this weekend? Whether you’re hanging out with friends and family or just laying low and hanging solo, I have the perfect treat for you! These herbed goat cheese balls, marinated in olive oil and served over crostini, are absolutely divine! Make them for yourself, or take them to a gathering with friends, but whatever you do, MAKE ‘EM!
I’ve made these twice now, once for a pool party (for the mommies to enjoy while we watched the kiddos swim) and the other was a for a Mothers Day gathering here at our home. Both times they were such a HUGE hit!
Isn’t this the most gorgeous appetizer?
Start by slicing your goat cheese log(s) into equal pieces, I think about 6-8 should do the trick. Next roll each piece into a ball and place into your dish. Chop up your herbs and sprinkle them, along with your red pepper flakes, over the goat cheese balls. Fill your dish about half way up your goat cheese balls, with extra virgin olive oil and refrigerate for up to three days!
I have both marinated mine, and served immediately and they taste just as scrumptious both ways!
Next slice a store-bought baguette into slices, brush with olive oil and toast under your broiler until golden.
- large log of goat cheese
- Fresh Dill, chopped
- Fresh Chives, finely chopped
- Fresh Basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Toasted crostini
- Cut your log into about 6-8 pieces, depending on how big you want the balls to be
- Place them in your chosen serving dish
- Chop your herbs and sprinkle over the top of your balls, along with red pepper flakes
- Add in your olive oil abut half way up the goat cheese balls
- Cover and refrigerate
- Slice your baguette and brush with olive oil
- Toast under broiler until golden
Check out the original recipe over at http://whatsgabycooking.com/herbed-goat-cheese-balls/