If you’re a regular here on Keeping up with Kaci, then you know I am loving all these summer goodies. Tomatoes are always one of my favorite summer treats. Which brings me to this yummy recipe. This grilled bruschetta chicken is what summer dinner dreams are made of! Its light, juicy and delicious, packed full of flavor and only requires only a handful of ingredients.
Start by marinating your chicken breasts in some extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper, for 30 minutes or so. If you have Italian seasoning, go ahead and sprinkle some of that In there as well!
While your chicken is marinating, throw together your bruschetta by chopping up your tomatoes, mincing your garlic, roughly slicing your basil, seasoning with salt & pepper and don’t forget a healthy splash of your olive oil, and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to use.
Grill your chicken until cooked through. I often use my indoor grill when its too hot to grill on the patio. When chicken is cooked through, top with fresh bruschetta and serve over angel hair pasta or our family favorite, zucchini noodles!
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T. garlic, minced
- 4-5 tomatoes
- a handful of basil
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt & pepper
- 1 t. Italian seasoning, optional
- 1 t. balsamic vinegar
- Place chicken breasts, salt & pepper, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon of garlic, and 1 tablespoon with olive oil, in a bowl and let marinate at room temperature for a half hour.
- In a separate bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, remaining garlic & olive oil, salt & pepper to taste, chopped basil, and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar, mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill your chicken until cooked through
- Top with desired amount of bruschetta and serve over angel hair pasta or zucchini noodles