Pies can be a tricky art to master. If you’re like most people, you probably just steer clear of them all together. But believe me when I tell you, this is the EASIEST pie you will ever make! And the best part is, its absolutely beautiful and looks like you’ve really spent a lot of thought and time preparing it.
This particular recipe is for ‘strawberry pie’ being that I was making this for the fourth, I added the blueberries in before refrigerating the pie. If you don’t like blueberries, blackberries would be delicious also!
Start by washing and slicing 2 cups of strawberries.
I usually enjoy making everything homemade but for this recipe, I prefer to use store bought pie crusts. You can find a pack of two in the freezer section of you local grocery store. Once your pie crusts have completely thawed out, start by placing one in your pie dish and the other on a flat, floured surface.
Use your star cookie cutter to cut out your desired number of stars. You can get really creative with this step. I like to cut 8 and then overlap them a bit for a cute little centerpiece for my pie. Place your star cutouts on a greased cookie sheet and place in the oven at the same time as your pie crust. Bake it according to the directions on the box.
While your crust is baking, boil water, sugar and cornstarch until thick, then whisk in the dry strawberry gelatin. While whisking occasionally remove from heat and let cool. Once your crust is done baking, let cool and fill with your berries. Pour your jello mixture over the top and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
*NOTE: Do not add your stars until your pie and been refrigerated and set! Other wise they will get soggy.
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- 2 C. sliced strawberries
- ½ C. blueberries
- 1¼ C. water
- 1¼ granulated sugar
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 3 T. dry strawberry gelatin (jello)
- Place one thawed, pie crust in your pie dish, use the other to cut out your desired amount of stars.
- Place stars on a cookie sheet in the arrangement you want them, and bake along with your pie crust, according to pie box instructions.
- Bring your water, sugar & cornstarch to a boil, cook on medium for a few minutes until thickened
- Remove from heat and add your gelatin, stirring occasionally.
- Once pie crust is cooked & cooled, add your strawberries and blueberries.
- Next add your COOLED jello mixture over the top
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours
- Add your stars to the top just before serving